Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Mother the Angel

My mother died 31 years ago.  I don't know the date....but I think the month was June.  I have never been able to remember the date.  When I was young I thought my mother turned into an angel and left the earth to help God.  This is what my sweet grandmother told me.  I am sure she became something else...but the God part...well....let's just stop there.

Here is a picture of my mother 10 years before she became an angel.

This post is in her honour...and also for all those who have lost a parent....or parents at a young age.  There is always something not right inside after your mother disappears....probably at any age....fathers as well of course...but there is something more tragic about losing your mother.

I am also not usually this sentimental....but somehow it feels right at this moment.

I am now 10 years older than my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment