Sunday, July 17, 2011

cripple in kreuzberg

In January I started this drawing. it was really just a test....to get to know the app I created it with. it progressed from a bunch of scribbles to a semi formed figure. well....it was not really a success but I saved the image anyway.

last Tuesday I woke up early in Berlin and cycled to a neighborhood called Kreuzberg. I was planning to make a hair appointment at a place I saw the day before. I parked my bike a block away and walked to the salon. when I arrive the shop was not open yet. I was looking in the window to see the hours when I noticed that a crippled man was wheeling his way towards me.....while moaning something in German. it sounded urgent...but I could not understand him....so I walked away to find a place to have a coffee. as I walked away I turned around to see what the man was doing...and to my surprise his pants were around his ankles and he was leaning against a parked van....having a poop.

well....the drawing I started in January was like a premonition to the cripple in Kreuzberg. the only thing I had to add to the drawing was the poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment